As teachers at Zainabiya Madrassah, Zürich,
- We will provide lessons that engage children.
Golden Rule: We work hard
- We will run a happy, contented Madrassah for all.
Golden Rule: We are gentle
- We will Work Together.
Golden Rule: We are kind and helpful
- At Madrassah, we will be confident to try new things and take risks.
Golden Rule: We listen
- Create a culture of respect, trust and partnership.
Golden Rule: We are honest
- Ensure a sense of belonging and pride.
Golden Rule: We look after property
The Madrassah will:
- Provide an environment where different languages are celebrated and different abilities valued.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Not tolerate bullying or any other unkindness.
- Promote respect for Madrassah property and the property of others.
- Encourage children to become independent and responsible.
- Encourage children to have a sense of self-worth in all areas of the Madrassah Curriculum.
- Praise and reward effort for Madrassah work and good behaviour.
- Keep the family regularly informed of their child’s progress.
- Inform the family of the work to be covered each term.
- Set homework in line with ability.
To help the Madrassah achieve this, as a parent I will:
- Ensure that the child arrives at Madrassah on time and properly dressed.
- Inform the Madrassah of the reason for any absence as soon as possible.
- Communicate any concerns to the Madrassah that may affect their child’s learning or behaviour.
- Respond to all communication from the Madrassah on their child’s progress and behaviour.
- Encourage their child to respect others and follow rules.
- Support their child in home learning.
- Encourage children to have a sense of self-worth in all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide your child with a healthy lunch.
To help the Madrassah achieve this, as a pupil I will:
- Share things and take turns with others.
- Be polite and listen to others.
- Not tease or bully other children.
- Not pull, push, kick or hurt others.
- Always try hard and try to keep my work neat.
- Obey safety rules.
- Look after mine and the Madrassahs belongings.